Tuesday 4 November 2014

Cinematography Influences and techniques

For my music video i wanted my camera shots to be smooth and on focus but i also wanted them to work with the lyrics. i have found many influencial trailers and clips on the internet that has wondeful cinematography in them which i would like to replicate. Such as zooms, pans, tracks etc.

Videos that have influenced my cinematography are :




These have shots and tracks that i intend to use in my music video, this is because they interest me and they would work with the lyrics of the song i chose. My song is quite a steady paced video but at times can be very higly paced and i need to be able to switch from one to another immediately but with grace because i dont just want the shot to go from slow and change instantly to a fast paced shot i want it to flow and move with the lyrics. My video will include the artist lip syncing in parts and i want those shots to have a different feel to it compared to the narrative but i also want the main artist to be in the narrative so i do want them to link but the feel of the narrative and the artist need to be different in comparison.

The shots i am going to test are:

Pan (90°,180°,360°)
Tilt
Zoom in/ Out
Track
High angle/ Low angle
Establishing shots
Two shots
Group Shots
Close Ups
Medium Close Ups
Long Shots
Depth of Field

I will do test shots of all of these using my intended cast and i will see what works and what does not work. I will try umerous shots that i want to be in my video to see if certain ones are doable or wether im just being eccentric and want the impossible. My lip syncing shots will have a lot more movement in the camera work because the artist is upbeat and singning a happy song whereas the narrative has joy and regret so it will still have movement but that movement will have emotion to make it stronger and relatable to the audience. I will also be choreographing my own dance for the music video. This will be worked on towards the filming of the music video and changes may be still made when actually filming the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment